Should there be comma before and after "therefore" if occuring in a middle of sentence?
n o s p a m p l e a s e
2009-04-07 10:47:12 UTC
It is, therefore, important.
It is therefore, important.
It is therefore important.

Which one of the above is correct from punctuation point of view?
Einde O'Callaghan
2009-04-07 12:52:25 UTC
Post by n o s p a m p l e a s e
It is, therefore, important.
It is therefore, important.
It is therefore important.
Which one of the above is correct from punctuation point of view?
Only the last one looks right to me. The word "therefore" is an integral
part of the sentence

Regards, Einde O'Callaghan
n o s p a m p l e a s e
2009-04-08 07:12:06 UTC
Post by Einde O'Callaghan
Post by n o s p a m p l e a s e
It is, therefore, important.
It is therefore, important.
It is therefore important.
Which one of the above is correct from punctuation point of view?
Only the last one looks right to me. The word "therefore" is an integral
part  of the sentence
Regards, Einde O'Callaghan
Thanx. If it is in the beginning, should be a comma e.g. "Therefore,
tt is important"?
Einde O'Callaghan
2009-04-08 08:19:33 UTC
Post by n o s p a m p l e a s e
Post by Einde O'Callaghan
Post by n o s p a m p l e a s e
It is, therefore, important.
It is therefore, important.
It is therefore important.
Which one of the above is correct from punctuation point of view?
Only the last one looks right to me. The word "therefore" is an integral
part of the sentence
Regards, Einde O'Callaghan
Thanx. If it is in the beginning, should be a comma e.g. "Therefore,
tt is important"?
No, it's still an integral part of teh sentence.

There are only commas around so-called "sentence adverbs", i.e. adverbs
referring to the whole sentence - examples are "however", "nevertheless"
- and commas after ordinal adverbs such as "firstly", "lastly" at the
beginning of a sentence - although these commas are often omitted.

Regards, Einde O'callaghan
stan vincent
2009-04-24 01:05:45 UTC
I disagree -
I think it should be: Therefore,is it important.....
therefore refers to a previous sentence asserting some fact.the speaker goes
on to ask a question.and a natural pause is necessary.
Post by Einde O'Callaghan